3.7 - 8.Mar.2005
- Man page bug fixes from Debian via Dave Swegen.
- Source code reorganization.
3.6.1 - 13.Sep.2002
- Compilation fixes for newer GCCs; problems reported by Rene Blokland.
3.6 - 21.Aug.2001
- Added ‘rat’, ‘ox’, ‘tiger’, ‘hare’, ‘dragon’, ‘snake’, ‘horse’, ‘ram’, ‘monkey’, ‘rooster’, ‘dog’, and ‘boar’ layouts -- the whole Chinese
zodiac! -- contributed by Todd Michel McComb <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
3.5 - 30.Jun.2001
- Added native support for KDE Mahjongg (kmahjongg) tilesets and layouts. (The tilesets must be converted to GIF format; kmahjongg uses BMP.)
Brought to my attention by Jim Broderick <email@example.com>.
- Another compilation fix reported by Rene Blokland <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
- Fixed bug: xmahjongg would ignore some button release events.
3.4 - 17.May.2001
- Compilation fix for newer gccs.
3.3 - 3.Apr.2000
- Game play change: If a tile is selected already and you click a tile that doesn’t match, the selection is transferred to that new tile. (It used to
just beep at you.)
- Bug fix in permstr.cc: now xmahjongg can be compiled with recent versions of gcc. The error was a strange use of va_arg(). Reported by C. M.
3.2 - 5.Jan.2000
- Added two new tilesets: ‘dorothys’, a colored version by Dorothy Robinson <email@example.com> (the old ‘dorothys’ has been renamed to
‘dorwhite’), and ‘real’, scanned images of some real Mah Jongg tiles
provided by Mark Sanctuary <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
- Added new tileset format. Check ‘share/tiles/real.gif’ to see what it looks like.
3.1 - 30.Dec.1999
- Some small changes to hopefully fix a mystery bug: Some people report that xmahjongg appears with no tiles visible. I can’t replicate this.
3.0 - 19.Dec.1999
- Finally completed number font!
- Better support for very thick tilesets and tilesets with lower-right direction shadows.
- The ‘thick’ tileset is now the default.
- Speed improvements on highlighting and unhighlighting tiles.
- The match count no longer bleeds into the layout area when there are a lot of matches.
- Can read Kyodai Mahjongg layout files. (See http://www.kyodai.com/)
3.0b11 - 17.Dec.1999
- Added ‘dorothys’ tileset, thanks to Dorothy Robinson <email@example.com>, artist of the original xmahjongg tiles. Also
added support for tilesets that don’t have lower-left direction shadows.
3.0b10 - 12.Jan.1999
- Fixed buffer overrun bug: xmahjongg wouldn’t load anything but the default layout.
3.0b9 - 28.Dec.1998
- The xmahjongg package now uses automake.
- Use the failing-malloc library to avoid problems with some systems’ bad realloc() definitions.
- Improved error messages on bad files.
3.0b8 - 5.Nov.1998
- Added support for Gnome Mahjongg-style tilesets. (Well, almost: while Gnome Mahjongg reads XPMs -- and probably every other format, using imlib
-- xmahjongg can still only read GIFs.)
- Added two tilesets from Gnome Mahjongg: ‘gnome’ and ‘gnome2’. These tilesets were apparently created by Jonathan Buzzard and Max Watson.
- Shrank the border around the layout to waste less screen space. The default tileset with default layout will now fit on a 1024x768 screen.
- Renamed the ‘--board’ option to ‘--layout’. Moved ‘share/boards’ to ‘share/layouts’. Renamed the ‘tall’ tileset to ‘thick’.
3.0b7 - 26.Sep.1998
- ‘--help’ now prints to stdout, following the GNU Coding Standards.
- Made ‘--solvable-boards’ the default.
- Makefiles: Added ‘make uninstall’ target, enabled ‘./configure’s program name transformations, made VPATH builds possible.
3.0b6 - 17.Sep.1998
- More configuration changes so it’ll work with egcs or gcc-22.214.171.124.
3.0b5 - 16.Sep.1998
- Made it compilable with egcs.
3.0b4 - 12.Sep.1998
- Fixed several display and clipping bugs.
- Added ‘--list’ and ‘--background’.
- Initial display and new-game display are cleaner.
- Cleaned up Panel and Board by removing unused or duplicate members and functionality.
3.0b3 - 10.Sep.1998
3.0b2 - 7.Sep.1998
- Big release after the summer. Traversal, solutions, bug fixes, cleaned-up code, a first go at a tile count, etc., etc.
3.0a1 - 1997